It is that time of the year again where Vodacom is looking for opening acts for Vodacom In the City, and this year entrants have pretty big shoes to fill after Al Bairre and PHFAT were the previous winners of the competition. This year bands will stand a chance to open for The Kooks, Milky Chance and The Cat Empire.
The procedure for entering is quite simple. All bands have to do is fill out a simple form here, and provide links to their music, and a band logo and photo must be uploaded. A panel of industry professionals will whittle down the entries to a shortlist of five final bands. Vodacom will produce videos for these bands and the fans will then get the opportunity to vote for their favourite act. The five finalists will also perform at a fringe event on 20 September. The band must also meet the following requirements and enter before midnight of 16 August.
- Your band must have a minimum of two years live performance experience;
- Your band must have played to an audience of at least 2000 attendees;
- You must have a minimum of 45 (forty five) minutes of original material;
- You must have been play-listed on a commercial or campus radio station;
- You must be available to perform on 20 September and 4 October 2015 in Johannesburg, (Cape Town finalists will be flown up).